Aviation activity, movements of the troops by rail and roads in Belarus
During the week, training of units of the Belarusian Armed Forces by PMC Wagner mercenaries was recorded, as well as movements of military equipment of the Russian Armed Forces.
- Aviation activity was recorded at Machulishchy, Lida, and Baranavichy airfields. Flights of aircraft and helicopters of the Belarusian Air Force were recorded.
- On January 6, a Mi-24 helicopter of the 50th combined air base of the Belarusian Air Force flew to the area of the state border with Poland.
- No rail activity was recorded.
Movements by road
- Single vehicles of the Russian Armed Forces were spotted in Mazyr, Karaniouka (Homiel district), and on some sections of the N291 highway.
- No movements of PMC Wagner vehicles were recorded.
- Large convoys and single vehicles of the Belarusian Armed Forces were spotted in Minsk, Mazyr, and on some sections of the М9, N291 and other highways.
Combat training activities with units of the Belarusian Armed Forces were held at the Obuz-Liasnouski, Uruchcha, Losvida and Hozhski training grounds. It was reported that firearms training sessions were held, as well as specialties training sessions were conducted with servicemen of mechanized units.
Changes in the size of the Russian Armed Forces group and PMC Wagner in Belarus: no data.
General conclusion on current situation
1) Previously, we have repeatedly noted that the mercenaries of PMC Wagner systematically train the Internal Troops. At the same time, the peak of trainings with units of the Belarusian Armed Forces, which were publicly reported, was in July and August 2023. After that, the training of the Belarusian Armed Forces became occasional. It seems that this trend is changing. This conclusion can be drawn based on information about a joint training of at least a motorized rifle company of the 6th Mechanized Brigade with Wagner mercenaries. It is possible that training of other units of the Belarusian Armed Forces by the mercenaries will intensify in the near future.
2) Regular movements of equipment of the Russian Armed Forces in the vicinity of Homiel and Mazyr continue to be recorded. This is connected with the deployment of units of the Air Defense Forces of the Russian Armed Forces at Mazyr (Bokau) and Ziabrauka airfields. We should note that mostly trucks or buses that bring the Russian military in the town for shopping are spotted in the vicinity of Mazyr. No movements of military equipment have been recorded.