The main military events on November 13-19
- Aviation activity was recorded at Machulishchy, Lida, Baranavichy airfields, at Homiel airport and in Homiel district. Flights of aircraft and helicopters of the Belarusian Air Force and Russian Aerospace Forces were recorded.
- On November 14, an Il-76 military transport aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces arrived at Machulishchy airfield from Russia.
- On November 16, flights of fighters of the Russian Aerospace Forces were conducted at Baranavichy airfield. We recall that at least 2 Su-24M/MR frontline bombers/reconnaissance aircraft and one Su-30SM fighter are stationed at the airfield.
- Aviation activity in Homiel and its vicinity is connected with Lukashenko’s trip to the city on November 17.
- No rail activity was recorded.
Movements by road
- No movements of military vehicles of the Russian Armed Forces were recorded.
- No movements of PMC Wagner vehicles were recorded. It was reported on the conduct of training with cadets of the Internal Affairs Faculty of the Military Academy of Belarus by Wagner mercenaries.
- No large convoys with military vehicles of the Belarusian Armed Forces were recorded. Single vehicles and small convoys were spotted in Minsk and on some sections of the M1, M4, M6, M9, M14 highways.
Last week, the level of military activity on the territory of Belarus remained low. As we noted in the report on military activity in Belarus for November 6-12, there are often no major combat training activities held in November. Units of the Belarusian Armed Forces focus on training new recruits drafted during the fall conscription campaign and summarizing the results of the academic year (the academic year in the Belarusian Armed Forces begins on December 1). Therefore, the level of military activity will remain low until the end of the month.
At the same time, an increase in the number of combat training activities can be expected in the first half of December. This is primarily because of the conduct of combat readiness trainings. A sudden combat readiness inspection is also possible, as it was in December 2022.